About

Exley-UMCMethodists have been active in Wilson NY since 1823. The first Methodist-Episcopal congregation was formed here in 1836.  Our current sanctuary was built in 1885 as a memorial to Lottie Harness Exley, a young and beloved member who passed away in 1883.  After a rapid period of growth in the late 1940s, our Fellowship Hall addition was built to accommodate the influx of people to the church.  Part of the debt for that addition was paid for when, in 1953, The Rev. Walter Kingsley challenged the whole congregation to put a modern version of the “Parable of the Talents” into practice.  We are grateful to the people who built the Exley ministries of the past.

Currently, our outreach ministries to the Wilson community include hosting an early release Bible club program for the Wilson Elementary school students.   We also support the Wilson Food Pantry, and we support and participate in local community special events such as the Wilson Historical Society Memorial Day Fair, The Wilson Fire Company Field Days event in late August, and the Very Country Christmas Celebration in early December.  We also host and participate in seasonal ecumenical worship services in cooperation with other local churches in Wilson, Ransomville, Lewiston, and Newfane.

LOESER-JOHN-0

Rev. John Loeser, Pastor

Exley UMC

338 Lake St,
Wilson, NY 14172


716-751-6057

Join Us Sunday!

Worship: 9:30 am
Children's Church: 9:30 am
Christian Education: 11 am